The Report- Movie Review




I downloaded this movie last week on Amazon Prime and today I watched it out. I am going bonkers over Adam Driver's superbly played role as a United Nations Senator's Official FBI guy who did work arduously and prepared a report of 7000 pages to highlight the discrepancy of CIA while dealing with people and detainees who caught post 9/11 attacks.

I am amazed at his adept skills of writing the report all day and night, bringing it to the eyes of his boss and CIA people, without any disgrace and abhorrence. I am touched to the core at the Senator's last speech which Daniel Jones prepared stating America will never turn its back in admitting its flaws and ensuring that such gross mistakes will never be made in future again. It's a great thing to bring that report in front of all of course by hiding CIA people real identities, even some of them got promoted, knowingly they have had blood in their hands of 119 detainees who never admitted to the crime except their name. 

It makes me believe politicians committing extreme cruelties, detesting nation and people involved in it, are everywhere. It is not going to stop ever because how that's the world works. But people like Daniel Jones makes me believe there is goodness in this world and people who hold some conscience acts and sleep peacefully at night, doing their part and leaving the post once they are done with it. It's a must watch at any cost without an iota of doubt. 


Fav Dialogue

Did you read my report?

The other guy: No I didn't.. It's 7000 pages and bible explains about mankind in less than those pages.

Final Word

This movie has moved me as a writer. It has inspired me so much that I have started working on my novel passionately and with utmost dedication. I want to write on as sincerely as Adam did his job in those five years and proved to the world that truth always find its way out and see the light of the day. I believe, if I become more disciplined and focussed, I will be able to pen down my two cents in my first novel. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joe will hunt you down too!!

Daughters of the Brothel by Deepak Yadav

I yearn to build Sandcastles!!